Configure and Manage Horizon View Components
Some of the steps are copied from official VMware documentation I just added screenshot.
Objective 1.1 – Configure and Manage Horizon View Components
- Set External URLs for a View Connection Server instance
- Configure restricted entitlement
- Configure and manage global settings
- Create and manage custom roles and permissions
Set External URLs for a View Connection Server instance
Both the secure tunnel external URL and PCoIP external URL must be the addresses that client systems use to reach this View Connection Server instance. For example, do not specify the secure tunnel external URL for this instance and the PCoIP external URL for a paired security server.
- In View Administrator, click View Configuration > Servers.
- In the View Connection Servers panel, select a View Connection Server instance and click Edit.
- Type the secure tunnel external URL in the External URL text box.
- The URL must contain the protocol, client-resolvable host name and port number.
- For example: https://view.example.com:443
- Type the PCoIP Secure Gateway external URL in the PCoIP External URL text box. Specify the PCoIP external URL as an IP address with the port number 4172. Do not include a protocol name. For example: 10.20.30.40:4172 The URL must contain the IP address and port number that a client system can use to reach this View Connection Server host. You can type into the text box only if a PCoIP Secure Gateway is installed on the View Connection Server instance.
Configure restricted entitlement
Steps on Connection server:
- In View Admin page go to View Configuration and Servers
- On the tab Connection Server select Connection Server to which you want to assign tag and press Edit
- On General tab assign tags which you want associate with this Connection server. Separate tags with ; or , for multiple tags
- Click OK to save setting and close Edit page
- In View Administrator webpage navigate to Catalog – Desktop Pools
- Select Pool for which one you want to set restriction and click Edit button
- At the Edit setting page click Desktop Pool Setting tab
- Under General – Connection Server restriction click Browse
- Select Restricted to this tags and select tags which you want to assign
- Click OK and OK to save and exit the setting page
Configure and manage global settings
From View Admin Website go to View Configuration / Global Setting
Here you can modify setting like:
View Administrator session timeout – default 30 minute
Forcibly disconnect users: 600 minute
Single Sign-on (SSO): Enable or Disable
For client that support application – If the user stops using keyboard and mouse disconnect their application and discard SSO credentials: Never or After…
Other clients – Discard SSO credentials: Never or After …
Auto update: Enable automatic update upper left corner area in View Admin page
Pre-login message: Message for user when they login to View Desktop
Display warring before forced log off and specify time after which user will forcibly logoff from their desktop
Enable Window Server Desktops
Mirage Server setting – Specify URL for Mirage server
For Global Security settings:
Re-authenticate secure tunnel connections after network interruption
Message Security mode
Enhanced security status
Enable IPSec for Security Server pairing
Change data recovery password: This password protects data backups of your Connection Server. This password will be required to recover a backup.
Create and manage custom roles and permissions
To create custom roles and permissions go to View Configuration / Administrators in View Admin Page
Administrators and Groups tab allows to add Users to existing 9 pre create Roles . There is two sets of Roles one with full access and one with read-only access.
Roles tab – allows to create custom Roles with necessary privileges. There is 14 different privileges to choose from.
Access Group tab – allows to create custom access group to organize the desktop pools in your organization. They can also be used for delegated administration.
Click here to read other entries in the series VCAP6 -DTM